- Owner, Diving Cat Studio and Gallery
- Artist specializing in ceramics, flame worked glass, painting, and jewelry.
- Gallery Host
- Studio Instructor
- Founder and director of the Frog Hollow Art Show
Markels discovered her passion for art working with clay as a grade school student living in southern California. She is now established as the Diving Cat Studio and Gallery in Phoenixville, PA creating ceramic sculpture and glass art, and directing a 2000 sf. retail gallery showing the work of over 200 artists and designers. Clay allows her to work in three dimensions with few limitations. She works with earthenware, red clay, stoneware and porcelain. Her favorite subjects are found in the forest: animals, bugs, leaves, rocks and sticks, and symbols. These themes are sculpted and illustrated on vessels. She likes to use a broad palate of color and abstract design. Sculptures of dogs, cats and birds are also a recurring themes in her work.
Markels’ artistic goal is to instill a sense of happiness and genuine intrigue in those who experience her work or wear it. Through her work, She wishes to be uplifting and, thereby, promote joy and inspiration in others.
Markels expanded her passion for the arts by promoting the work of others:
In 2008 Markels opened the Diving Cat Studio Gallery in the heart of Phoenixville PA., hosting the work of more than 200 artists and designers. The gallery is 2000 sf. of Handcrafted pieces including ceramics, jewelry, wood, metals, painting, photography, clothing, fiber, furniture, and more!
Learn More about Markels
- Travels with Markels!
- Published Articles (Links and PDFs)
- A Tale of Enchantment
- Its All about the Customer Experience, Chester County Life, July/August 2016
- Chester County Life, Nov/Dec, 2009
- Chester County Life, March/April, 2009
- Chester County Town & Country Living, Spring 2006
- Philadelphia Inquirer, Sunday March 12, 2006
- Sticks and Bones, (Words can Hurt)
- Philadelphia Inquirer, Sunday July 18, 2004
View The Diving Cat Studio Video with Markels ^.”.^
246 Bridge Street, Phoenixville, PA 19460 Location
Monday: 10am – 6pm
Tuesday: 10am – 7pm
Wednesday: 10am – 8pm
Thursday: 10am – 10pm
Friday: 10am – 10pm
Saturday: 10am – 10pm
Sunday: 10am – 6pm